2.05.2011

Tallant House Tasting

One of our favorite pastry chefs, Tallant House, is offering a few different tasting dates. If you're still in the market for wedding cake or desserts (macaroons, smore's, etc!), Judy is great!!

From Judy...

Sun, Feb. 13, 11pm-2pm at Alexis Hotel, 1007 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98072
Sun, Feb. 27, 11pm-3pm at Novelty Hill Winery, 14710 NE Woodinville - Redmond Road NE, Woodinville, WA 98072
Sun, Mar. 27, 11pm-3pm at Novelty Hill Winery, 14710 NE Woodinville - Redmond Road NE, Woodinville, WA 98072
Sun, Apr. 17, 11pm-3pm at Novelty Hill Winery, 14710 NE Woodinville - Redmond Road NE, Woodinville, WA 98072

For the tasting at Alexis Hotel, enjoy a brunch or happy hour special, at Library Bistro - while also getting to see what a beautiful space the bistro is for rehearsal dinners, bridal teas, or other private events.

For the tasting at Novelty Hill, please feel free to join the winery in their intimate, relaxed tasting room to sample a selection of featured wines from Novelty Hill and Januik, hand-crafted by award-winning winemaker Mike Januik. Customize your tasting according to your wine preferences and cellar interests by selecting any four wines from one of the daily tasting experiences; the Columbia Valley tasting is available for $5 or the Limited Edition/Single Vineyard tasting for $10. Rustic, handmade Brick Oven Pizzas are also available every weekend for just $12 each. You will also get to see what a beautiful space the winery has for private events.

Please RSVP so that I and my hosts are adequately prepared.

For those of you not yet familiar, I create wedding cakes based on the French artisan style cake - or entremet. Additionally, I create dessert buffets of everything from whole tarts and entremets, to individual portion desserts, and mignardises. I also do myriad special requests, and will work with your caterer to develop a customized plated dessert.

Everything I do is based on a fine, old world French craftsmanship tradition and is custom. My ingredients are predominantly organic - local, fair trade, and sustainably produced where possible - and my methods are based on respectful stewardship of resources. Additionally, my kitchen is licensed.

Please don't hesitate to email me with questions or special requests.

In terms of menu, everything I do is custom. I am a pastry chef, rather than a cake decorator, and I think in terms of themes and flavor profiles:
Summer fruits
Chocolate with acid fruits like orange, lemon, raspberry, passion fruit
Berries
Citrus fruit
"Browns" - Kahlua, espresso, mocha, caramel, hazelnuts, pecans
Tropical fruit
Chocolate and lots of it
A favorite beverage like pina colada, Margarita
Favorite dessert like bananas foster, creamsicle, strawberry shortcake
Ethnic flavors, such as French, Middle Eastern, Italian, etc.
Desserts paired with wine and beer

If there is something special you want me to include that I might miss in the above list, please let me know. I will have a limited number of gluten free, dairy free, and vegan options. Please bring your ideas, photographs, and anything else you would like to talk about regarding your dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment